Storm-troopers

Howdy boys,

I gots a question.

Can someone tell me why you can't select storm-troopers by the platoon? As far as I can tell you can only get them by company.

I sure like their load-outs and would happily pay the extra bucks for em. Its just that if you have to buy them by the company it would exclude them from the lower point limited games.

Thanks

GreasyPig

Burning alive in Arizona

Because Lord Vader won't allow it - Ha! Seriously, I've wondered this myself, but couldn't find the answer. My guess is that they weren't historically deployed in small units (smaller than company size), since you probably wouldn't assault an objective with anything smaller than a company. Any Grog's care to confirm or dispute this hypothesis? Go on, flame my day wink.gif

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

I for one I'm very disipointed. Realistic or not, I want some good assualt troops that don't cost what like 2470 for a kompany. I still have mountain and Paratroops so its not so bad.

The strum company was designed as a kick-ass assault force. Thats why they have 13 man squads (they are going to take a beating in their line of work). You typically wouldnt deploy these forces in single platoons, thus a company is the smallest size you can purchase.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

The strum company was designed as a kick-ass assault force. Thats why they have 13 man squads (they are going to take a beating in their line of work). You typically wouldnt deploy these forces in single platoons, thus a company is the smallest size you can purchase.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything you say here can equally apply to Pioneers.

For that matter, I doubt ANY of these units were ever deployed at the platoon level, with the exception of armor.

Jeff Heidman

Jeff,

Thanks, thats EXACTLY my point.

I'm not trying to raise hell over this issue. I'm just curious as to why the option was omitted. AND... if there isn't a real reason then a request to have the option in a further patch or installment.

Thanks for the responses.

GreasyPig