WWIIONLINE, now I am really interested.

Guest MantaRay

Guest MantaRay

I know how off-topic this is, and I am sorry for BTS to say this, but now I am really looking forward to this game. This game just may be the second piece of good news for wargamers this year.

Can you imagine if this game really takes shape and becomes a hit? I think it will even help BTS by bringing in more gamers to the subject matter, and maybe they will want more. I think that BTS would love to see a game like this come along and give wargames a better rep than say Panzer General.

I think all of the grogs here should also take notice and hope this is a success as maybe more designers will see that wargames can bring in customers in large enough numbers to justify development.

Far be it for me to say this is going to be a realistic game, but I think it may bring in the younger crowd, and that should be good as it will give us a far more people to play with in the years to come.

But this is no serious threat to my love of CM,CM2,CM3------------------------>

Ray

------------------

MantaRays 5 Pages

[This message has been edited by MantaRay (edited 04-01-2000).]

Guest MantaRay

Yes Q3, and to me the screens look ok, it is the 1,000 people on at a time that interests me. The graphic look quite a bit like Rainbow 6, so the may be a little behind for now, but this may be a step in the right direction.

Ray

------------------

MantaRays 5 Pages

I can't see myself getting all geeky online with a historical war game, like the RP gamers do.

About as geeky as i'm gonna get is with loraks Yahoo chat room.

I still enjoy good AI, wich very few good war games have, I must add.

But if you ask me, CM has come up with the greatest combination of turn based and real time strategy for 2 players by e-mail or ICQ.

I think WWII online is doomed for failure.

We'll see.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

I think the graphics are oke for such game. Better less graphics then humongous lag.

Although it all sounds great (assaulting with 20 tanks. 50 inf and some fighters all controlled by human-players), i'm affraid that the teamwork wil ruin this game. Maybe a bit doom-thinking here, but most multiplayergames have great multiplayerfeatures but very little teamwork.

Still interested though smile.gif

Guest MantaRay

Getting a little geeky? Well we all did that when we started playing wargames, except for those of us who did it for real, but you know what I mean. smile.gif

I dont even find this a negative term anymore as I spend 100% of my work time on it, and just about 100% of my free time playing with computers. Funny thing is that my wife is becomming one now too, so geeks do get to infect others. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

MantaRays 5 Pages

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MantaRay:

Getting a little geeky? Well we all did that when we started playing wargames,

Ray<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe..I guess we're all geeky in our own way.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

If you are interested in WWII online..

check out CMMC!(if you haven't already)

Seems CMMC will be better,and more fun!

..does this make me a sycophant?....

------------------

It is no disgrace to be defeated...It is a disgrace to be surprised.

-attr.to Fredrick the Great-