Mickey Mouse camo

Okay, why is the camo pattern of that new Daimler armored car on CMHQ called Mickey Mouse?

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Okay, why is the camo pattern of that new Daimler armored car on CMHQ called Mickey Mouse?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, it's not quite as obvious as the Goofy camo, but the resemblence is there.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mickey Mouse ear, actually.

Quote:

Early in 1944 the camouflage patterns were changed to the system which has now become known as "Mickey Mouse ear". This consisted of large areas of matt black, looking rather like cumulus cloud and formed by painting a number of interjoined circles of varying diameters. Again, the black paint was aplied to all top surfaces, with extensions down onto the vehicle sides, and along the bottom edges of the vehicle. Some vehicles also had individual areas on their sides, formed from three or four interlinked circles."

D-Day to Berlin (Armour Camouflage and Markings of the United States, British and German Armies June 1944 to May 1945)

By Terence Wise Page 46

ISBN 0-85368-482-0

[This message has been edited by Marco Bergman (edited 10-14-2000).]

The "Mickey Mouse" camo on the Daimler is a little toned down from the real MM-camo due to the way the textures are mapped onto CMBO's 3-D model. It's really more "Mickey Mouse like" than true "Mickey Mouse", but I thought it captured the feel.

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:

The "Mickey Mouse" camo on the Daimler is a little toned down from the real MM-camo due to the way the textures are mapped onto CMBO's 3-D model. It's really more "Mickey Mouse like" than true "Mickey Mouse", but I thought it captured the feel.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I guess it does. Thanks for the info, Marco.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska