MG JEEP and passengers

This topic originally came up in the Huge "rarity & pricing" controversy thread (Another Batch Of Opinions Wanted), but it probably didn't belong there, so I'm giving it it's own thread...

Last we left off, Juardis had just pointed out that MG jeeps and regular jeeps can both carry a team. MG jeeps having a Transport of 2 while reg Jeeps have transport of 6.

Soooooo, is the MG jeep SUPPOSED to be able to carry the same number of people as a reg Jeep? Since they are both basically evenly priced... why wouldn't you always buy MG jeeps? (Unless, apparently, you planned on doing some towing)

the problem (~freedom) of choice re. Jeep w or w/o MG only comes up in QBs. IMO nobody really tows guns, intentionally, in a QB. Gun pieces derive their value from opening fire from a hidden position, like, at an opportune moment they "uncloak". This advantage is nullified if some vehicle with the gun has to drive up to a spot where the gun will then be placed.

------------------

"Say i think u all need to chill out." (GAZ_NZ)

I agree with that.

Last night while getting my arse kicked in the little Engineers training mission (forget the name of it... a couple engineers v. the entire German army) I think I understood why it matters not that MG jeeps and reg jeeps cost virtually the same...

I placed my MG jeep to ambush and strafe infantry across a field...

He instead drove away...

I placed him to slow a German drive down a road...

He instead drove away...

I sent him on a rescue mission, to pick up my HQ unit...

I'm pretty sure a fly buzzed around his head, startling him and causing him to abandon his vehicle...