Crew Uniforms???

I was just finding something strange.... German Halftrack crews are dressed just as the infantry are, in helmets and all. I was just wondering why is it that Bunker and pillbox crews are dressed in tanker uniforms. Same thing with trucks and kubelwagens. I figure they should wear helmets and such like halftrack crews since they are just regular soldiers. Looks kind of funny seeing a truck driver with an Iron Cross. Did he run over an enemy general or something?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Brizee:

I was just finding something strange.... German Halftrack crews are dressed just as the infantry are, in helmets and all. I was just wondering why is it that Bunker and pillbox crews are dressed in tanker uniforms. Same thing with trucks and kubelwagens. I figure they should wear helmets and such like halftrack crews since they are just regular soldiers. Looks kind of funny seeing a truck driver with an Iron Cross. Did he run over an enemy general or something?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bunker crews have to be AFV crews, to operate the emplaced wrapons due to CM codeing, IIRC.

Regards, John Waters

Guest TURBO

H.T. crews would be part of the panzer grenadier battalion, recon battalion etc.

therefore they would have the same uniforms as the grenadiers.