Question about hiding

Greetings,

Trying to get a clarification on how hiding works. This has happended to me 2 times and I'm wondering if it is my fault, a quirk with the beta, or just random chance.

Situation: my 2 veteran squads hidden in woods, enemy squad ends turn about 20m away also in woods, nobody has started shooting yet. Next turn I order my 2 squad to target enemy, but do not issue unhide command. Next turn starts and the enemy squad proceeds to destroy first one squad then the next and neither of my squads ever fires. It looks like they might have been still trying to hide. Was it my mistake not to unhide before targeting? Or is this a beta quirk? Or just the hand of fate?

Regards,

Stryker

www.pantherworks.com

It is a Beta quirk. In the beta, you must unhide a unit before they will fire.

This caused people to have the same problem as you and we grumbled a bit. Now, I believe, your units automatically unhde when you target an enemy.

Jason

A post from BTS on 11/24/99:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>we ...changed the way Hide works. Your units now won't pop up unless under very dire threat<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both Sneak and Hide have apparently been tweaked since our demo.

Mark IV, student of the Search function smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mark IV (edited 03-26-2000).]

Guest PeterNZ

Hurah, I just lost an entire 8 man SMG squad to a charging rifle squad.

They didn't fire on the rifle squad at all, and to add insult to injury, in the next turn they targeted a squad in the building NEXT DOOR instead of the one infront of them! Needless to say that part of the battle is now pretty f**ked smile.gif

Nice work SS_Panzer tho!

PeterNZ