Mod help?

I need some help.I have been trying to download and install some nice mods.I have found many,and thats not such a good thing.I seem to be simply installing new ones over the ones i just got :mad: Are there any all in one mods out there?Like one to "winterize" all american vehicles?Ive found lots that will do it,but they are mostly individual units.Ill have snow covered sherms,but a nice shiny green halftrack right beside it :( I would apreciate any help.Again,i would like one to winterize all,and if anyone knows of a all in one mod from Tiger,that would be great.If not from Tiger than any that are all in one will do.

Thank You!

Ares

If you really don't want to go the CMMOS route (which I think is worth the "pain" in the long run, especially if you've got CMBB as well), then this is a good starting point: http://www.combatmission.com/mods/MMG.asp

and this is pretty handy too:

http://www.combatmission.com/mods/winteralliedpacks.asp

and don't forget there are winter textures here:

http://www.combatmission.com/mods/alliedtanks.asp

It's not exactly a quick fix, but after a few downloads you will have taken a stride in the right direction.

Toodle pip,

Teddy

Edited as I've still not recovered from lunch...

[ February 07, 2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]

Thank You

I actually had CMMOS at one time,but didnt put enough effort into learning it.I thought it was for people wanting to create mods,i hate it when i show me smarts :confused: Since i do have CMBB i will give it another shot.BTW,i had already installed most of the stuff from the links you provided,but they just dont cover everything.Kinnda ruins it to have some vehicles snow covered for example,and the one next to it not.Who knows,maybe this will be inspiration to try some modding of my own.Hmmm,or maybe ill just go play some more. :D

[ February 07, 2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Ares_the_Great ]

Originally posted by Ares_the_Great:

Since i do have CMBB i will give it another shot.

With all those muddy and whitewashed mods just waiting to be downloaded, you won't regret it.

Originally posted by Ares_the_Great:

BTW,i had already installed most of the stuff from the links you provided,but they just dont cover everything.Kinnda ruins it to have some vehicles snow covered for example,and the one next to it not.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I know what you mean - it drove me mad too. I found this site very useful for tracking down the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Teddy

Ares if you will go here : http://www.combatmission.com/

and then click on "3rd Party Mods" which is at the left of screen and then click on "Winter Vehicle Camo Textures" you will find all the mods that aren't individually done. Now there are also vehicles in that pack that were individually done later but to get the ones that haven't ever been individually done you have to first start with this pack. Now it will override some of the individual ones you already got but the only way to avoid this is by eliminating the bmp's in the pack that you already have. That way you are only changing what you actually need. I hope this makes sense. If not post again and I or somebody that understands and can explain better will expound on it.

Makes perfect sense,thank you.I guess what i was primarily looking for was a "total conversion" kinnda mod.It just always bugged my that in winter maps,the vehicles didnt have a drop of snow on them.I have found as many "snow covered",or "whitewashed" as i think there are,but it seems that there arent many making mods for CMBO anymore :( Now i have almost what i wanted,then i play a scenario like "Elsdorf" and i have all snowy equipment,until the M 26(which i love),and M 24 show up.I have found only a few winterized versions of those,but they arent CMMOS compliant,or i just cant get them to work.So i guess im just giving up.Maybe in CM3,(i belive will be in the Med.(?),which should be primarily n.africa)someone will make some winterized versions of them.Since there was so much snow in n.africa and all :D

[ February 10, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Ares_the_Great ]

Well you are correct. Once you've download as many of the winter vehicle textures as you can find, you will notice that a few of them have never been modded for winter or are very hard to find.

The M24 Chaffee only has one winterized version that I know if and it was not converted to CMMOS format.

The M26 Pershing only has two winterized versions that I know of and only one of those seems to be available for download anymore. The Scipio version is hard to find. Neither was converted to CMMOS.

Remember that just because a mod isn't CMMOS compliant dosen't mean it won't work. For winter vehicle textures, you should just need to copy the bitmaps directly into your CMBO\bmp folder and the winterized textures should show up.