A little problem with the instructions

Guest Michael emrys

Guest Michael emrys

My computer could not open the instruction file. I got an alert that said it was too big to open in Simple Text. Doubling the memory alloted to Simple Text didn't help. I've had this problem with Simple Text once or twice before; never found a fix for it. Anybody have the same problem? Better yet, anybody know of a cure? I've been able to wing it through the demo pretty well without instructions, but I would like to know what I'm missing.

Michael

Use whatever your letter writing program is to open the text file.

E.g. microsoft word, lotus or whatever. Use ANY word processor to open it and u'll be fine.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

HUH? Which instruction file?

The only descriptive file that comes with the WIN-demo is CM_Demo_Instructions.html , which easily can be read with every Webbrowser.

Am I missing something?

==============

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

If you want to open large text files, either do as Fionn says, or find you a good NotePad replacement. EditPad is a great replacement for NotePad and is freeware. You can find it on Tucows, ZDNet, etc.

------------------

Jon Johnson

Steel Lightning Productions

• 2 months later...
Guest phoenix

You mean a G4 doesn't come with any program that can read large text files?????????

I feel better about my PC all the time! smile.gif

Just drag the instruction file onto the appleworks icon. It will open and you can save it for future use. Unfortunately it will include the HTML codes so you have to sort through to read. I am a new imac user and if I find the program that will open without the HTML codes, I'll try to let you know.

HTH.

Guest Big Time Software

Any program that can read HTML or plain text (except for stupid SimpleText) can read the demo documentation.

As for the "Hubris", remember that a demo is a promotional piece. Because of that there MUST be something in there to promote features that make the game stand out from the crowd. This is SOP. Of course something like "hype" is a matter of personal opinion. The "hype" in CM's Demo documentation is fairly low key and very factually based. Contrast that with some other games out there which make wild marketing claims based on nothing but wishfull thinking.

Steve

Guest Zigster

Guess this would be a good time to ask: What is IIRC? Been scratchin' my head over that one for a while.

------------------

Der Zig