I cant seem to get the hi-res mods to work

AS far as I remember you have to delete the preferences file from you CMBO directory.

If you then start the game again it will ask you which resolution you want to play with (eg. 800x600, 1024x768).

Please correct me if I´m wrog...

------------------

"I am no fool!"

Michael

Okay, I thought there might not be enough for high-res textures. I'm afraid I can't help you any further...

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

The high-res mods have nothing to do with what resolution you run your game at. The mods which use 'high-res' textures are just bigger bitmaps so they take up more space (either on your video card or system RAM I guess). If you can run CM with the low-res textures, you can run it with the high ones as well - the only side-effect might be a system slowdown.

To install most graphic mods you have to extract them, or copy them, into your CMBO\BMP folder on your hard drive.

This often overwrites the original BMPs (bitmaps) that ship with the game, but don't worry you can just drag and drop from the game CD to replace them if you don't like them.

If you did all that, then there is probably some other thing causing you to not see the winter textures (eg: there isn't snow on the ground, you are looking at vehicles that weren't included in the mod, etc.)