my splash screen: after letterbox format and new mods

http://www.geocities.com/russellmz/images/combatmission/letterbox.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/russellmz/images/combatmission/letterboxbw.jpg

two jpg's, screen size images

gimme yr opinion on which i should use. im leaning to color, gunslinger mod at dusk looks pretty cool.

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 10-26-2000).]

It looks better in color. Looks nice. Nice splash screen.

------

Aside:

Hey, those trees look familiar. I noticed it by the "too green" color under that tree. If it is, get version 2 tree bases from Tom's ftp site, it browns out the green tree base and doesn't clash so much. I found it to be too green, especially for autumn. You know, some people just can't stop fiddlin'.

If your shot isn't the tree adjustments I did, my mistake, but I just wanted others who may be using it know that there is an update.

Aside 2:

I've been playing with the subdued for three days only now. I'm addicted. I tried going back to the original, and couldn't handle it. I think I'm stuck in the subdued world.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 10-26-2000).]

thanks for the comments. i tell ya with SAG on strike on, i used regular troops at first. big mistake. it took forever for them to move out and they did so at differing rates. finally i used elite and i wrapped up in less than half an hour.

now, i always liked playing cm, but i really actually want to direct...

yup your trees. hmmm...IE worked on the ftp site before but now it doesn't.

was it gmk_treebase_v2.zip? i already got that...guess i didn't unzip those yet...

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 10-26-2000).]

YES, you did get the right file, but don't tell no one, I GOOFED! I discovered I sent the thing without the updates, DOH!!! I fixed it quick, but of course some got the goofed version 2 without knowing. Tom posted again. That's what it meant, some fixes were done.

My extreme appology. You'll need to get the tree base again or grab the update zip only if Tom stored that one as well. Either one will do. Sorry for goof on my part. Old age and all.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kump:

YES, you did get the right file, but don't tell no one, I GOOFED! I discovered I sent the thing without the updates, DOH!!! I fixed it quick, but of course some got the goofed version 2 without knowing. Tom posted again. That's what it meant, some fixes were done.

My extreme appology. You'll need to get the tree base again or grab the update zip only if Tom stored that one as well. Either one will do. Sorry for goof on my part. Old age and all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the FTP site has ALL the things you sent me and I replaced the ones you didn't like with the V2 version updates this morning

its all there :

gmk_miscterrain_v1.zip

gmk_treebase_update.zip

gmk_treebase_v1.zip

gmk_treebase_v2.zip

gmk_trees_v1.zip

ok?

-tom w