What a good wife I have.

Guest MantaRay

Guest MantaRay

I say this because she not only bought this game as a gift for me, but she actually wrote Steve a letter asking just how long it took for the card to get charged. Well he replied and she was impressed with how nice he was, and how he seemed to understand how I was being a little worried about if this game was comming.

That is why they call women the better half. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... yeah, that email gave me a chuckle smile.gif But I can beat you hands down in the wife department... not only has she put up with me working "stupid" hours on Combat Mission over the last 2.5 years, but she was the one that signed the paperwork for our M29C Weasel. Not only that, but she loves the 'ol girl too smile.gif

Steve

MantaRay, there are a few good ladies out there - I'm married to one too. After showing my wife the gold demo, some of the screen shots on CMHQ, some of my post game screenshots, and this forum, she had no problemo with me ordering the game. She was really pretty impressed with the forum and the topics discussed (although that was about six weeks ordering the game). The really interesting part is she didn't even get p*ssed off when I told her I had ordered it last September. She just said it was "cool" and that was it.

Let's see how she takes in when CM arrives and I break out my BDU's and LBE, hole up on the computer with my MRE's and canteens for days on end after digging a slit trench in the floor for personal relief.

Bob Mercer

------------------

"Next slide, next slide, you swine! Do you want to brief forever?" Apologies to Frederick the Great

Guest MantaRay

But I left out the part about her wanting to be able to use the card to go shopping, and that is why she wanted to make sure Steve proccessed the credit card. See, women do use better tactics than men do...thank God that more don't play CM, or our ego's would be downsized. smile.gif

And Steve, co-signing on the Weazel...If I only had the guts to ask for something that expensive. I believe $53 may be close to my limit, and since Kevlar isn't that cheap, I will have to be happy with this. smile.gif

Ray

Mine's pretty understanding too. She bought me the game for father's day and has faithfully put up with me checking the board constantly to see what's what. The only argument we will probably have is who gets to use the "big" computer, me for CM or her for CIVII.

------------------

No matter where you go, there you are.