We are all wrong!!!!

Because of this infernal game I have been unable to satisfy my craving for other representations of WWII combat. Books, movies etc. Tonight I rented "Battle of the Bulge". I hadn't seen it since I was a kid so I figured it would be entertaining at the least.

Well this movie has set me straight on a lot of facts we all have missed:

1) The Germans used nothing but Tiger tanks during the Ardennes offensive.

2) A tank with blown treads can still move, even in deep snow.

3) Tigers can knock over big trees.

4) Tigers can move through even the most dense forests.

5) The Germans never used infantry during the Ardennes offensive.

6) US Army Majors were platoon leaders.

7) A grenade thrown into a tank hatch will not cause blood loss, nor knock off a person's cap.

8) An 88mm shell will not tear clothing.

Of course I was so overwhelmed by how false my previous beliefs had been I had to shut the movie off and let you all know how wrong we've been all this time.

I hope I can still play a game that obviously goes against Hollywood.

You forgot that the German Tiger tanks, were really all captured Shermans.

Hince the Great fear of tigers by the allies. It wasn't the Tank they were scared of, it was friendly fire. They would see another sherman and hesitate.. costing them the first shot, and they would lose.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

I hear you! I feel betrayed by CM!! Hollywood would NEVER lie to me!! I tried to drive my Tiger though a house like in "Kelly's Heros," and stupid silly CM would'nt let me! How fake! I'm throwing this program away! Give me Panzer General III-D any day!

p.s. "Kelly's Heros" missed my top 5 war movies by one.

------------------

I used to have a life, now I have CM.