FinalVersion 1.01 of Normandy Beach Scenario reaches 100 downloads.

Thanks for everyone's support (special thanks for Pvt Ryan And Rommel22)and after numerous suggestions for improving the scenario...we have completed it. It came out pretty well, and although we had to use wheat fields from November to accurately simulate the sand, it worked quite well...complete with the occasional tank getting bogged down a bit in sand. We've reached 100 downloads in about 24 hrs and another 34 in the 5-6 hrs its been on CombatHQ. The final release is out now and was posted at my site about 2 hrs ago so if u downloaded it more than 2 hrs prior to the time listed for this post...go ahead and get the update. Again..thanks..i had alotta fun makin it! http://www.capecod.net/~fkeri/Normandy.html

Fox Keri

fox@innocent.com

ps....making the scenery for this sim was waaaaay easier than the time i made the entire USS Enterprise interior for Unreal using their engine lol...

Guest Rommel22

Can't wait to get home and download it to see what you have done. Did I mention it's an awesome map. Well I have to see what different changes you did. I'll try to make one using asault boats but this means only playble for allies or pbem only. well thanx.

------------------

Russian tactics as said by von Mellenthin "Bridge heads everywhere"

Guest Madmatt

New version is now uploaded on CMHQ Scenario Depot as well.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

***SPOILER*** Don't read if you haven't played yet.

Fox, I haven't downloaded your final version, but I will and I am sure it kicks ass. I am still fooling around with the map you put up yesterday. About 3 turns in and there were American troops at the beach exit. About 5 turns in a few squads of engineers were assaulting the pillboxes. About eight turns in the first pillboxes were getting knocked out. The pile of bodies in front of the barbed wire at the beach exit is incredible - and that's with one dead soldier representing each squad. The US armor has even't hit the beach yet. I think I made the Americans too tough. They are making D-Day look like a cake walk. I also made the weather clear so I could give the Americans some air support, but the background scenery is now too visible and ruins the ocean effect you accomplished so well. I will try to play your scenario tonght. Based on what you said I assume you made most of the same changes I did. The coolest thing was when one of the pillboxes was knocked out and every US unit on the beach opened fire on the panicked crew. I think I heard someone say, "Let them burn!"

Guest Madmatt

Not yet, and now we have version 1.02 updated in the CMHQ Scenario Depot.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Thanks MadMaxx....i have to apologize for the confusion...i was having serious trouble updating the version today..i regret any multiple copies that show up...i had to attempt upload about 50 times hehe...sometimes i forgot to change the version number because many times..it reset to no value...i will try to be more careful...sometimes i get impatient and careless :.(

Rommel...welp...most i added will be added as reinforcements so i hope it will be more realistic and less of a cakewalk. I also found that u could only add planes if the weather was clear so that was a bummer but realistic. I agree the quality of the map decreases if the weather is clear and u can see the "edges" smile.gif Thanks again all smile.gif

oh...i missed the comment u made about the pillbox...were u joking? This game constantly suprises me with the whitisisms that spew from the troops lol...my personal favorite....when the US troops get hit''"You Bastards!!" lol

Guest Madmatt

Thats cool, no bother at all. I do have one teeny tiny request though..

GET MY NAME SPELLED RIGHT!!!!!!!

Madmatt...thats it...no more...no less...

Thanks! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Yea, Fox, I was joking. It was a line from SPR when they torched one of the pillboxes. I listened to most of the wav files for CM. I haven't heard a lot of them in the game yet, but some of them are funny and/or cool. I am about to play your scenario now.

Fox, I still think you need more troops, but I only played a few turns since my computer was slow and I was too impatient. I took the liberty of modifying your map slightly and completely redoing the troops. I can e-mail you my version if you want and you can see what I did. The problem with this scenario is the actual gameplay, but it certainly isn't your fault. No matter how you set this thing up, as the Americans you are basically leading a frontal assault by infantry against prepared defenses, or as the Germans you are just sitting back and letting the guns do all the work. This is probably why the game didn't ship with a D-Day scenario. It is very fun to watch though. I suppose there will be more tactics involved once enough US troops get over the sea wall. I think I have made that an impossible task for the Americans in my current version, but since I made them all crack troops they never give up. Another problem I have noticed is that the German pillboxes eventually run out of ammo. At that point the US troops can march in almost unopposed. I have tried to overcome this by having some of the secondary pillboxes hide until the Americans reach the barbed wire so as to conserve ammo. I also found a way to include US air support even with the fog. I chaned the weather to clear and added a FB, then switched the weather back to fog. The plane still attacks even in the fog. Watching this battle unfold is literally like watching SPR, especially with the sound mods. I am having so much fun with this thing.

------------------

Ow, my leg!