Hiding inside bldgs

Greetings,

I hope someone can answer this one for me. Let me start by explaining the situation. I am playing the U.S. in LD and i have a bazooka team hiding in the first objective house on the U.S. right at the end of the angled track. A german HT rolls up to within 20 or 30 meters without discovering the team inside the house. I check the LOS of the team to the HT and i find that it is blocked (I problably deployed the team in the rear of the bldg). I then give the team a crawl command to the front of the bldg to blow away the HT in the next turn. As soon as the team begins moving they are discovered and blown away. My question is why was the team discovered so easily? Shouldn't a unit crawling inside a bldg retain its advantage of concealment?

Try issuing a "Sneak" command instead.

It's possible the team only had a 15% chance of being spotted, but the computer rolled the dice and came up with "12". You don't necessary know it was an easy chance of being spotted.

Frankly, I'd call it a coin toss with crawl. I have been spotted in a condition like that before with crawl and with sneak before. I would agree with you that based on the description of the command provided before that crawl ought to be as sneaky as sneak (if you get my meaning).

I was hoping my guys would be a lot more stealthy than they are in CM, but I have gotten used to getting them into mor "perfect" positions during setup and initial move/hide so I can overcome it. Also, try to get them in C&C of an HQ unit with the highest stealth ratings, it really helps.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goanna:

Also, try to get them in C&C of an HQ unit with the highest stealth ratings, it really helps.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Highest stealth rating? Thats a new one on me. Does it mean that the closer a unit is to a commander the better hidden it is? If so how does that translate to a real life situation? Also, on another note, can a command unit set up multiple ambush markers. Using the scenario i described earlier as an example, if i was to have a command unit in the house with the bazooka team and i noticed axis armor approaching from 2 different directions can i have them set the ambush up so that it is "first come, first serve"?

Crawl is incontestibly superior to sneak.

I personally never use the sneak command (I don't even know the keyboard shortcut for sneak). I Run 80% of the time, walk 18% of the time and crawl about 2% of the time. I hide my men a lot too of course but personally I find very little use for the sneak command in my style of play.

Crawl is a very "stealthy" movement type and I think your guys were just EXTREMELY unlucky to be spotted in the building.. I might have what you described happen to me every 10th game it's that rare.

I think you were just unlucky but wouldn't go changing my approach to the game because of one unlucky instance.