Casualty Rates in CM

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I can't find any threads on the subject.

First, before I continue with something that sounds like a complaint please insert the usual disclaimers about what a great game this is here <g>.

What is the consensus on the casualty rates in CM? My gut feeling is that they are pretty high as I routinely see squads with 50 - 80% casualties still putting up a fight. I realize that in a small scale tactical environment almost anything is possible but it seems to me that most units would pack it in for the day after receiving 50% casualties.

Any comments/suggestions?

My best suggestion would be that most units would never return to an "OK" state after receiving a certain number of casualties. They might not break but possibly would never get past a "Cautious" or "Pinned" state for the rest of the scenario.

Yes I mentioned the idea of a 'Morale Cap' or somesuch for severely attrited squads once as well. It does seem that the last few guys in a squad are a little too eager to follow their previously fallen comrades into the void ; )

Of course you could also just interpret those depleted squads as having only that many EFFECTIVE troops left. For example, a squad with 3 out of 12 men left listed in the game might actually have 7 or 8 guys still in unit, but for game purposes, they will fail to contribute further.

I guess it works either way, but I would like to see a little more along the lines of 'squad integrity' or somesuch. I'm not sure how it would all balance out though. It would prolly require ALOT of testing to make sure the effects were correct.

Something for the 'wish list' I suppose.

Talenn

Guest Big Time Software

Really beaten-up squads are a bit less eager in the new v1.03. An update patch is now available.

Charles