Just getting excited about the forthcoming release - life is pretty depresseing right now (finals in 3 weeks) - & I was wondering what we will get with the game.

- Cherished manual, heavy, informative and a piece of art by itself.

- CM (no case) but priceless even at $45

- a free print (for those of you who have preordered and live in the US - BAH!!!!)

- Any idea how many scenarios & operations which will ship (c'mon BTS throw us a carrot)

- alpha, beta and gold demo on the CD (I think)

CM will prob. ship before my last paper - but I MUST resist - then I can play continuously until I am stuck to my chair. wink.gif

Didn't search on this so flame me if you must. wink.gif I was wondering what the limits were re the no. of units on each side re each scenario.

Just asking 'cos I know Fionn has mentioned before a scenario with 12+ tanks (I think) - but I have seen a screenshot on Colins site with a whole shedload (& I mean a shedload) of tanks. Is the limit the size of the map ???

Conjestion on crossing the Rhine ?

I've seen over 50 tanks on-map at the same time. My poor old CPU was VERY slow in playing that game but it can be done ( I have a 333).

E.g. An average-sized game I am playing now features 4 tanks, 12 APCs ( 7 of them are Kangaroos so they are really tanks minus the turret) and 2 companies of infantry plus some supporting arty.

That's a lot of vehicles on-map at any one time but it is quite playable on my system.

If you wanted you could put the entire 21st Army Group on a map in CM, however, it would get a little crowded. The maximum map size is good for manuvering units of about a Battalion and a half. You can do larger, but, people bump into eachother a lot.

It was something Tim put together to see if 50 Shermans COULD take on and kill 8 King Tigers.

Best record was: 3 Tiger IIs immobilised, and about 40 Shermans dead.

The other way it was, 8 Tiger IIs dead wink.gif for the loss of about 20 of my Shermans. (it was nice foresty terrain so there was a lot of opportunity to sneak around for flanking shots once I'd managed to make a little hole in the German line.

Guest rune

Yep, that was a fun one, but then you never saw my 100 tanks vs 100 tanks. I did it to see IF it could be done. The answer:YES, but you better have a fast computer. I have a tricked out 800mhz with a geforce card, and turns took about 5 minutes a crack. You should have seen all the shots flying all over. Remember, I AM a professional, please do not try this at home. smile.gif Really was too much to handle, BUT as the computers get faster, it CAN be done.

Rune

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

It was something Tim put together to see if 50 Shermans COULD take on and kill 8 King Tigers.

Best record was: 3 Tiger IIs immobilised, and about 40 Shermans dead.

The other way it was, 8 Tiger IIs dead wink.gif for the loss of about 20 of my Shermans. (it was nice foresty terrain so there was a lot of opportunity to sneak around for flanking shots once I'd managed to make a little hole in the German line.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The real problem is that you would need a monstrous map to be

able to handle a battle of that scale in any kind of realistic way.

Maybe 10k x 10k at a bare minimum? And that would put a huge hit

on the CPU itself.

But with a super fast system, the 3D end is doable. I would guess

at least an 1100 mghz Athlon with GeForce 2 or voodoo 6000 would be

needed. Would be fun to try. smile.gif