Specialty Squads

I was wondering if, in future releases or Mods, different specialty squads would be made available. What I mean is are Cossacks, Commandoes, Pioneer Battallions, etc, where the troops had a totally different squad small arms allotement(and the Cossacks rode horses as transport). Or be able to manipulate the allotement in the editor. I did a search and found out why some of the more obscure small arms are not depicted (i.e.FG42 and the grease gun) due to time constraints and all but will you be able to model them at all? The reason I'm asking this is so as to be able to design a specific Scenerio or Op. For example, the Raid on St. Nazaire and also Stalingrad. I know that next on your plate is the TC/IP patch and then CM2 Russion Front, but is there any way in the future that you have plans for being able for us to change the inherent squad small arms make-up?

Guest MantaRay

Well, Cossacks are not on the western front, so I doubt that that will happen till CM2. Pioneers are in the game. Grease Guns were more of a WWI weapon that WWII, and the Thompsons are modeled, especially by US Airborne.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Actualy Manta....

I'm in no way a grog.

But the grease gun was not a WWI weapon. The US army had to find a cheaper SMG to replace the thompson. Thompsons were all hand made and even then cost the US about $350 dollars per gun. Thus the Developed the grease gun. It was a stamped gun that was was easy to assemble and could be modified in the field to even use 9mm amunition. I think they could be made for about 3 or 4 dollars per unit.

Lorak.

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 06-23-2000).]

Lorak, minor grog quibble. I watched a 'Tales of the Gun' episode on the History Channel about the Thompson and on it the mentioned that a M3 Grease gun could be made for about $15.

Still way less than what it cost for a Thompson.

Jason

I only care about this cuz I am a Finance guy and money is my thing. (not that I have any. I don't have enough money to my name to BUY one of those $15 M3s)

What I really am wondering is if I will be able to change a squad's inherent small arms make-up, either in future releases or Mods? I tried a search on this and found nothing. Also if some of the more obscure small arms will be added later for specific units. In particular, the FG42 for Fallschirmjagers (probably spelled that wrong), the U.S. Airborne carbine(which had a folding stock and wasn't as good as the regular carbine),the U.S. Grease gun( which saw some action near the end of the war), captured Panzerfausts(read of an account of an U.S. 82nd Airborne unit capturing a truckload at Nijmegen and using the left-overs at Bastogne) captured German ATMM (Russians used captured supplies of these to a limited degree),etc,. These weapons saw little action, but I was hoping that we could manipulate the editor in some way to change the allotement of weapons that a squad has for specific scenarios and operations. Does anybody know if this is going to be possible in the future?