Matt's Sound Mod Explosions:

Jut wondering: Did you all like the original explosion sounds, or the ones in Mad Matt's mod pack better?

I think I'm finding that the original sounds have a btter indiciation of what kind of shell impacted...

I'd like to know everyone's thoughts...

I use some of them, but for the most part kept the default sounds that came with the game. One of the best aspects of the game is the sound. It really helps you understand what's going on during the battle, even when you're not looking at a particular area. Does anyone on this forum *NOT* know the sound of a tank suffering a hull penetration? I rest my case. smile.gif

I went through all the mod waves with Winamp and picked the ones I liked best. Yeah, I guess the reason I don't personally use the explosions and mortar and some other changed waves is because of familiarity with the game sounds. It helps not just with immersion, but like I said above, knowing what's happening in your game.

But on the other hand, a lot of the mod sounds have a real nice 'thump' to 'em (the ones from BTS are hardly chopped liver, either!). I think the .50 cal is wav 00000430 and 00000431? Very nice. Took a day to get used to, but now that I instantly recognize it, I *hate* hearing that sound when playing as Jerries. smile.gif

I use many of the rifle sounds in the ~000004xx files too. 00000410 is the sharpshooter. And the planes strafing (801, 802).

- Chris