Cheat thread

Guest MantaRay

Guest MantaRay

Funny how before this thread, I never even thought about people cheating in CM. I guess I may just be naive, or maybe don't take CM to be the most important thing in life.

If someone cheats in this game, chances are that no one will ever know, unless it is blatant. Setting up a game and having the parameters changed from what you agree upon, can also just be an honest mistake. I know I have just clicked through w/o changing them in my desire to get the game going.

But what really worries me is how everyone is a bit older than most other types of gaming, but must get into a heated discussions and resort to name calling. Truly remarkable.

And I would rather be the worst player in CM and have my ego bruised than cheat. And to even accuse people of cheating without proof or by seeing intent is a bit harsh.

And I don't know about you, but I play the game to have fun and relax. What troops I get, I play with, and I don't complain and become a poor sport and resort to making excuses for my abilities on the battlefield.

And how many of you have actually really caught someone cheating in CM? Maybe 1% or less of the people that you will play will try and cheat anyway, so the risks are much lower than anyother MP game you will play.

It is like the debate on recon and gamey tactics. Some people will use them some won't, you have to be ready to play any type of player.

Well now that I have actually thought about people cheating, I won't be losing sleep over it. And if you are so worried about cheaters, play the AI....it can only cheat if you cheat. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

Tiger, finding out someone is a cheater and ignoring them is not immature. It's the most mature thing to do, since I assume everyone I play is a grown adult.

People are asking me to tell them how I know he cheated and expected me to answer! This does nothing other than give players information on how to cheat!

No thanks, I'll pass the information on to Battlefront.com if asked. Otherwise I'll assume they already know the entire weight my issue.