OT: Is there a book or biography of Micheal Wittman, Ernst Barkmann??

Michael Wittmann & the Tiger Commanders of the Leibstandarte, by P. Agte, J.J.Fedorowicz Publishing, 1996.

There's also a book by Gary Simpson which is very poor and best avoided.

No specific books on Ernst Barkmann that I know of, either try Will Fey's Armor Battles of the Waffen SS or any decent history of Das Reich.

regards,

Conall

Long time lurker. First time poster. I second the previous posting about Patrick Agte's book: Michael Wittmann and the Tiger Commanders of the Leibstandarte. Costly, but worth it. Simpson's book, however, is an expensive doorstop--worst history book I have ever bought. As previously mentioned, the Villers Bocage: Through the Lens is a great book--about $40. Although Barkmann is not listed, Panzer Aces and Panzer Aces 2 contains a 50-100 page discussion of German tank commanders. PA contains Generalmajor Dr. Franz Bake, Hermann Bix, Rudolf von Ribbentrop, Hans Bolter (of Paw of the Tiger fame in Squad Leader--my favorite scenario), Michael Wittmann and Albert Ernst. PA 2 contains Sepp Brandner, Fritz Fessmann, Kurt Knispel, Johannes Kummel, Karl Nicolussi-Leck and Hermann von Oppeln-Bronikowski. PA and PA 2 are written by Franz Kurowski. They are available at www.jjfpub.mb.ca along with a ton of other armor books.