CANADIANS REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello CM gamers and fellow countrymen. Our deliverance has come!!!

After many weeks of toiling, a site catering to the Canadians in Combat Mission has finally come! biggrin.gif

So, no longer will we fill the BTS forum with our postal system woes....HELL NO!!!!

Now we've got a site specifically geared for the Canadian CM gamer!!

Those of you who are familliar with some of the names that have passed through the forum may have come accross us. Morjit (Jason - he runs the show, does all the real work and in general, is the reason I no longer sleep tongue.gif)....and I (Brian - try and write some meangfull and usefull stuff for the Canadian CM gamer, either points of interest or usefull tips....and I'm pretty good at babbling too!).

Of course...then again you may not have heard of us...... and you might not really care wink.gif Sorry, no autographed glossys for you people.

Anyhow, even if you have not, its worth your while to stop by and visit the Canadian Affiliate of Fionn Kelly and Madmatt's CMHQ site at; http://cmhq.tzo.com/canada

At Combat Mission Canadian HQ, we intend to offer a wide assortment of Canadian scenarios as well as tidbits on Canadian tactics, history and weapons/equipment. Your support and feedback are most welcome!! smile.gif

See you soon!

Brian

------------------

cmhq.tzo.com/canada

"Hosti Acie Nominati"

[This message has been edited by Little Black Devil (edited 07-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Little Black Devil (edited 07-22-2000).]

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Great work guys

Keep up the good work!

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Tom:

Slight problem with the website.... How can it truely be Canadian without a French part? smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, anglophones don't think about French, they live in English all the time because they are part of a majority.

Then when francophones want French services, they can't understand -- uh, can't they get these services in English? Why should we provide services in French... eek.gif

Canada is bilingual only as long as everyone speaks English. wink.gif

I realize that we need a Canadian CM web site, and that the game is American so it's in English anyway, but as a francophone living in Nova Scotia I thought I should vent a little. biggrin.gif

Did you know, here the francophone and Acadian association discovered that the provincial government can't account for the money the Feds give them for providing french education? The province has appropriated some of the funding for themselves, who cares about these Acadians and French people anyway, right?

I'm sure it goes both ways, I'm sure the Quebec government "forgot" to allocate all the funds for anglophone schools.

Whoops, looks like we forgot to expel one smile.gif (That was a joke)

If Canada were the size of Switzerland, bilingualism wouldn't be a problem for anyone, but since so many people live hundreds, even thousands, of miles from French speaking regions, it becomes somewhat problematic.

As for Quebec language policies... f'get about it.

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.

Well guys, I can't comment on whether or not there will ever be a distinct french portion to the site. I for one regret that my french is nowhere near good enough to undertake such a task and I can't speak for Jason.

However, all is not lost. I think it would be great if any of you guys wanted to do an article highlighting French Canadian or Acadian contributions to the war, be it through a commentary on battles fought by Regiments such as the Fusiliers Mont-Royal or the North Nova Scotia Highlanders to name but a few.

Alternately, scenarios enabling others to refight some of these Regiments most famous battles might be another avenue to pursue. smile.gif

Later,

Brian

------------------

COMBAT MISSION CANADIAN HQcmhq.tzo.com/canada

"Hosti Acie Nominati"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

I'm sure it goes both ways, I'm sure the Quebec government "forgot" to allocate all the funds for anglophone schools.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As an Acadian living in Quebec, I recognize that 1) You are a true Acadian, one who has learned that the way to get ahead in Acadia is to lie low; 2) You don`t know Anglo-Quebec politics if you think that the Quebec Government could get away with cheating the English "minority" out of federal money.

The flaw in your idea is in forgetting that the English minority in Quebec is actually part of the English-speaking majority. how long do you think that the Quebec Government could continue to ignore the constitutional obligation to have English schools in Quebec as Ontario and other provinces are still doing even today?

Sans rancune,

Henri

Regardless of what part of the country we come from or what our specific heritage, I'm sure that the ability to refight pivotal Canadian Battles, fought by a very long list of distinguished regiments has an appeal to all of us.

I think part of the reason CMCHQ exists is to give us Canadians a chance to express our exploits during the war, through representative scenarios and articles.

So, if you've got a good scenario or article send it on in! smile.gif

------------------

COMBAT MISSION CANADIAN HQcmhq.tzo.com/canada

"Hosti Acie Nominati"