O/T: Tiger I H

Okay, a little odd, but I figured if anyone could answer this, the group on this board could:

I recently purchased a model by Revell Germany of a Tiger I H. I also could have purchased an E, but I figured I'd do something a little different. But when I got home, I realized I had little information on the subject. I know the H actually preceeded the E, and had those big airfilters on the back. But other than that, I'm not sure what the difference is, or where they saw service. Anybody?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von Fauster:

Okay, a little odd, but I figured if anyone could answer this, the group on this board could:

I recently purchased a model by Revell Germany of a Tiger I H. I also could have purchased an E, but I figured I'd do something a little different. But when I got home, I realized I had little information on the subject. I know the H actually preceeded the E, and had those big airfilters on the back. But other than that, I'm not sure what the difference is, or where they saw service. Anybody?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which H version VF? is it the command varient or the early production run? reason I ask is below:

The Tiger was originaly designated PzKpfw VI SdKfz.181 Ausf.H1 in March 1942, on March 5 1943, the official designation was changed to *PzKpfw.VI SdKfz.181 Ausf.E

The Command model of the Tiger was originaly designated PzKpfw.VI SdKfz.182 Ausf.H, again until March 1943 when it was redesignated Pz.BefWg Tiger SdKfz.267 Ausf.E (later SdKfz.268)

Regards, John Waters

----------

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!!".