(OT) favorite AFV?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

Subjective favourite: Staghound

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't surprise me you Canuck.

biggrin.gif

Boy do I miss that bugger in the game.

Not fair that only the Canadians should be deprived of such vehicules when the others have Daimlers and Greyhounds to play with...

Here is one for those of you not versed in the joy of the Staghound:

stag.jpg

------------------

And NO Bauhaus I didn't say SELF EXPLORATORY.

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 11-09-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AbnAirCav:

1. <LI>Tiger I
    <LI>Stuart
    <LI>Hetzer
    <LI>Pz 38(t)
    <LI>SdKfz 222

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 38t? LOL, wasn't that the one that was bolted together?

ASL had modifiers for that one, loose bolts had a way of wiping out the crew even when no real damage was done to the tank.

Maybe that was the 35t...

smile.gif

Which ever one is commanded by that guy "W.B. Wilder". That dude is out of control. I once saw him take out a Panther G, a Hetzer, a Kingtiger, and 3 kubelwagons, all with one shot!

I remember seeing something similar on one of those Walt Disney Davy Crockett features with Mike Fink on TV when I was small . . . but that was ages ago and time does have a way . . . .

Guest AbnAirCav

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The 38t? LOL, wasn't that the one that was bolted together?

ASL had modifiers for that one, loose bolts had a way of wiping out the crew even when no real damage was done to the tank.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

smile.gif I've also read that about the M3 Stuart's riveted armor, that "the rivets, when hit by enemy fire, had a tendency to shear off and bounce around the inside of the tank."

You just gotta love those early light tanks, they did have character ...

In CM: Probably the Churchhill VII. The only Brit or American tank that looks bad-ass and can take a beating.

------------------

Most people assume that the M in US vehicle designations means "Model". Thus, the Medium Tank M4 Sherman would be the "Model #4" Medium tank. This is incorrect. The M actually stands for "Mortality" and the number represents the life expectancy of the vehicle in minutes. - Bullethead

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Doesn't surprise me you Canuck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They had one at Bovington - very nice AC, much better than the German 8-wheel trash or the Greyhound for looks. Once I have the film developed I post a picture of it here.

Oh, and the Churchill really just looks funny - such a big tank. Such a puny gun on it...

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-10-2000).]

...untouchable front the front, but it dies real pretty to side and rear shots from even a lowly Sherman 75. Or a zook, for that matter. I'd take a Mark IV or a Panther over a KT.

Actually, even that's not necessarily true - I've seen Hellcats kill KTs from the front. Not even a weak spot penetration, just a plain kill. Jacksons, ditto. And if they load tungsten, just about anything has at least a shot at a frontal kill.

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.

[This message has been edited by Chupacabra (edited 11-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

...untouchable front the front, but it dies real pretty to side and rear shots from even a lowly Sherman 75. Or a zook, for that matter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>... but not PIATs frown.gif

I tried that in a scenario I set up myself.

A PIAT team fired unopposed at a KT side and rear from about 10m range. Several hits but not a single penetration.

Cheers

Olle