Completely, totally, utterly OT: web hosting

Can anyone recommend a not-too-expensive web host? And yeah, I know about geocities and yahoo and all those free services, but A) they're slow and B) I feel like a dork for having a geocities site. I feel like I should be pasting up "HOT BRITNIE SPEARS PICS FOR U!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!!!" and "HEAR R SOME LINKS OF MY FAVRITE BANDS KoRn RuLeZ!!!!" So I'm looking to get away from that scene. Any advice?

And just to keep this slightly on topic:

WoRlD WaR TwO RuLeZ!!!!!!

tongue.gif

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.

NBCI.com is pretty decent. The layouts are totally customizable and fairly easy to use once you get a handle on them. The Templates can be altered to the point where you'd never know they were templates. I think you'd like this site. And unlike some sites, no one sees your pages until you want them to. The site stores all your work until you are ready to publish the pages. No need for under construction signs.

Good luck!

Mord

[This message has been edited by Mord (edited 12-05-2000).]

Mord -

Thanks, but I'm actually looking to get away from free web hosts. I find them all slow and restrictive, and really only vary in how slow and restrictive they are.

So I'm actually looking for a not-terribly-expensive commercial host. Such a beast may not exist, of course, but one can try.

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.