routed and broken infantry squads

I can't think of any benefits to splitting them. They are uncontrollable until they recover (if at all), so you'll end up with two units doing nothing.

Also, split units are in a more fragile state than full strength units, so the recovery phase might end up taking longer.

I think that the poster was proposing that as a consequence of being broken or routed, rather than the squad sticking together, half the guys decided to take off one way, half the other and therefore that there were in fact *more* negative consequences to their having broken. An interesting idea, but I don't know what purpose it would serve in the larger sense, except to make them more difficult to put somewhere useful. And God knows that's already hard enough smile.gif

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GhostAgent:

Do you think that routed or broken squads should have a chance to automatically "split"? Or do you think this would serve no purpose...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great idea! Maybe even instead of breaking they split. Like they have a 50% chance to split and remain unbroken OR a 50% chance to break as a whole. If it's really really bad, they do both. I like it.

------------------

Jeff Abbott