Dead men in CM

i understand the reasons for only having one dead guy appear when a unit is wiped out but sometims it bugs me. eg in the nijmegen scenario with all the boats i had my river crossing guys attacking the first wooden bunker and also an MG42 in the small building nearby. i noticed my guys nearest the small house had taken alot of casualties and moved some men up to give cover from about 30m behind them. it turned out that my front guys had gone past the MG crossfire point and my now covering men were under the fire which had killed all the men in the first place. i know your gonna say i should have payed more attention at the time but some sort of death markers as in CC would have prevented the destruction of my my brave guys. has anyone else had problems like this???????????

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blue Macs:

this is probably one of the toughest set scenarios to keep track. that will not spoil your playing it i am sure as it is also one of the best<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bluemacs - when you post scenario specific info, put 'Spoiler' at the beginning and a lot of space between the top and the spoiler info:

e.g. Spoiler 'Nijmegen'

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Put the text here. A lot of us want to play the scenarios double-blind, so it would be nice if you could adhere to this. Apart from that, the correct place for scenario specific info is the scenario forum.

Coming back to your original post, I do not have that problem I use the 3-man representation to give me an idea of what I face and that works very well.

------------------

Andreas

actualy Blue, I don't find it a problem. My wife just says I'm anal. But I replay each movie over and over, till I find out where every shot is comming from. (except those hidden with FOW). Mad's mad dog sound pack really helps in knowing when one of your guys gets it.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

You've got to pay close attention to the movies. You tend to gloss over the movies when you first start playing the game, but they're vital to understanding everything that goes on on the battlefield. True, markers would help somewhat, but I wouldn't want to see the playing field littered with little "gamie" flags (usually mine). Anyway, the markers wouldn't tell you what happened. The casualties could've been cuased by something coming from the other direction. Then you'd still have to check the movie.

like i said , a bit more concentration would have helped but i certainly would not have halted a unit next to a pile of shot up guys. especially as most would only be injured and screaming "dont sit here or you'll get munched"