"Bovine MG42 Sponge"?

Check6

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

Yes, curse BTS for not delaying the release a few months in order to implement cow sprites! The game is so worse off!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cow sprites would look awful. They'd have to be fully rendered 3D, like the troops, and none of this "3 cows per herd" stuff. I wanna see the full herd. I think they were claiming that cows took more polygons than men, but I just picked up a used Cray YMP real cheap and my machine can handle it just fine. I have to run in emulation mode, but it's not too big a hit.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrisl:

Cow sprites would look awful. They'd have to be fully rendered 3D, like the troops, and none of this "3 cows per herd" stuff. I wanna see the full herd.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!! "3 cows per herd"...

That was HILARIOUS biggrin.gif ! I can't stop laughing. Good one!

Yeah, the three cows would present a problem. But I don't think it would draw down on system resources unless your running full FOG during a stampede. It might pick up on all the bells and cause a warping effect. Maybe a shift "c" for one cow, three cows or full cows. smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

I'm just let down they didn't fully model the hamster/gerbil round in 3d. If you look closely, it's just a block of yellowish/white that fires out of the guns and travels across the screen. We should be able to see the FULL GERBIL, not this obviously cheap "abstraction".

On the other hand, I've heard that the rodents did indeed look like that at 1000M/S.

smile.gif

Here is how the gerbil round should be modelled.

Note the custom sky graphics in the background smile.gif

gerbil.jpg

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 09-24-2000).]

Check6,

it was in Scott Clinton's thread about mines in paved roads.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/010630.html

quote from Steve:

This was an example I used to combat the type of person that would say "I read this one example of it happening, so you should simulate it". The basics of it was a US platoon was having a hard time crossing a certain village road due to an MG42 covering it. The US soldiers tried and tried to do something to silence the MG but could not. So one of the men went into a barn and herded about 30 cows into the street. The US soldiers ran behind the cows and got safely to the other side. The cows weren't so lucky

The point of the story is that all sorts of odd things happened in war. And some of these things were quite effective. The most unique of which might have even wound up in a book. But that does not mean they should be simulated. The Bovine MG Sponge example probably happened once or twice in the entire ETO, so there is no justification for adding it no matter how legit or effective that tactic was for that particular platoon.

this completes your order smile.gif

------------------

"Say i think u all need to chill out." (GAZ_NZ)