Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The Optional Foxhole

BeBop is just mad because I'm slaughtering his Canadians from my nice, deep foxholes. However, I agree that it would be nice to have optional foxholes and to have foxholes as a part of the fortifications menu in QBs or design your own scenarios.

Hello BeBop.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

I seem to remember some talk in the early days about only having the foxhole dug if you chose "Hide" for the unit in the setup phase which I remember everyone thought was a good idea.

There's also another weird foxhole niggle that I noticed. In the Aachen scenario one of the german MG teams (the farthest one to the right) seems to have dug a foxhole inside a bulding the 2 times that I played it.

p.

I've seen that foxhole in the building thing. Seems to happen when units are placed right on the wall of a building. The best one i ever saw was a machine gun on the second floor with a foxhole half in and half outside of the first floor. That particular mg reported itself as being in a foxhole.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Compassion:

From everything I've read (which is not definitive by any means), troopers are inclined to dig in whenever tehy stop and don't ahve beds to sleep in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah the old "A 'somefink' of sweat saves a 'somewhat larger somefink' of blood" (Patton, I believe). From what I read, Allied infantry in Normandy at least used to dig in pretty much as soon as they stopped. Too much unpredictable arty. I believe that digging in was SOP, too.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-04-2000).]

Yeah, troopers dug in for the night wherever they were, after their first few days in combat. Usually they started doing so after the first random night mortar attack took out a couple of threir buddies. See "Death Traps" for some enlightening anecdotes.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.