Operation Irregularity/Bug

Ron

I'm currently playing the Carentan op by email. It is the last battle(#9) and I set up the Germans to defend the city. On my first plot I was checking some units forward of the main line when I noticed foxholes right beside them, this being the time foxholes are 'created' I wasn't too suprised. Then looking further afield I see more and more foxholes, just created, ones I don't have any LOS to but are still 'there' and can be seen by me. So I know now where my opponent setup, his areas of concentration and likely avenues of attack, effectively ruining this last battle and the op. In my mind this is intel I shouldn't have and is something I hadn't noticed before in the previous battles. I still have the save files if BTS is interested. Has anyone else noticed this?

Ron

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>These aren't your OLD positions are they?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No they are definitely where the US troops setup for the start of this battle. The Germans lost a lot of ground during the previous day's battles. Their old positions are several hundred meters further ahead.

Ron

PS I should add that we skipped the night battle and the foxholes were not there during my setup phase.

[This message has been edited by Ron (edited 10-12-2000).]

I believe that I've seen this too vs. the AI, but I don't have the save files. It was the ops Utrechtseweg and McKinley's Bn, with an earlier release of CM, and I could see foxholes that should have been way out of my LOS (incl. behind buildings, tall pines, etc). Haven't seen this more recently, though.