How are operation results calculated?

Is anyone out there who knows how operation results are calculated and can tell me?

I tested an Advance operation. It wasn´t meant to be fair, I wanted to get through.

Setup was long map, 800x4000m, 1600m battle window, 400m NML, night each other battle, Axis attacker, 10 battles of 10 turns each.

Defender started with 20 Jumbo 76 and two rifle companies. There were reinforcements of together about 60 - 80 Jumbos and Easy8 plus some infantry.

Attacker started with 20 Kingtigers, eight Jagdpanthers and two Fallschirmjäger companies, fully mechanised (24 SPW 251/1), no reinforcements.

Recovery was excellent for both sides.

I attacked versus the AI. After battle #6 my forces were at the other end of map. Losses then:

Attacker: 46 casualties (25 KIA), 5 vehicles knocked out (1 KT, 2 JP, 2 SPW, none of it brew up), 391 men ok.

Defender: 998 casualties (491 KIA), 1 captured, 14 mortars destroyed, 96 vehicles knocked out (only tanks), 5 men ok.

Result: Axis Tactical Victory.

How can that be? What is required to get a higher victory? Being even faster? Nearly impossible on this map. Killing even more? Maybe, some of the defenders reinforcement were scheduled for battle #8. Losing even less? When do you ever have such equipment as attacker? That´s absolutely unrealistic.

Very confused,

Brightblade

[ February 04, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Brightblade ]