Need a Little Help From the Allied Army Experts

Hey all,

I'm putting the finishing touches on an article for the CM Recon site, and I could use a bit of help. Do any of you have any recommendations for a good publisher of U.S. and Brtitish Army OOBs or unit histories? I already have Fedorowicz for the Axis, but I don't know much about the Allies.

Any insights are appreciated. Hopefully the article will be up tonight!

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jagdcarcajou:

Hey all,

I'm putting the finishing touches on an article for the CM Recon site, and I could use a bit of help. Do any of you have any recommendations for a good publisher of U.S. and Brtitish Army OOBs or unit histories? I already have Fedorowicz for the Axis, but I don't know much about the Allies.

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

try thegamers.net in the TOAW section I believe they have lots of TO&E and OOB info there

(wargamer.com is worth a look too, I believe they have some unit history stuff)

regards

------------------

What you see depends mainly upon what you look for.

Hey all,

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi. Sorry, I don't know his full name or his web address, but there is a man w/ the last name of " Nafziger" who has published OOBs for just about every army and battle in history. If you do a search w/ any search engine you should come across his site.

------------------

I'm sorry, we haven't the

facilities to take all of you prisoner. Was there anything else?

Hi Jagd,

Try and get World War II Order of Battle by Shelby Stanton. If you can find it, it is a great source for the US Army. Has everything from battalion TO&Es on up. Breaks down all divisions and regiments. There makeup and where they fought. Awesome. Think I got mine online --maybe from Hooked on History. It was used but in pristine condition. Mine is the 1984 edition. Big red cover.

Galahad books ISBN 0-88365-775-9

See ya on the battlefield. Chris

------------------

Land Soft--Kill Quiet

Thanks for the tip Airborne.

Apparently there are quite a few used copies floating around but they are all a bit steep. I already have about $400.00 worth of a German unit history wishlist so it might be a while! =)

While I have a thread going, does anyone know of a reliable source of data for how many of each Allied tank was sent to the British, and how many Fireflys were produced by conversions?

Thanks again,

Chris

------------------

Thanks for the tip Airborne.

Apparently there are quite a few used copies floating around but they are all a bit steep. I already have about $400.00 worth of a German unit history wishlist so it might be a while! =)

While I have a thread going, does anyone know of a reliable source of data for how many of each Allied tank was sent to the British, and how many Fireflys were produced by conversions?

Thanks again,

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try here

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/8418/

------------------

From the jshandorf

"Why don't we compare reality to the game like Bastables likes to do all the time?"

Mr T's reply

"Don't touch me FOO!"

You might consider my book "Mount up We're Moving out" Merriam Press www.merriam-press.com It's the diary of

D Troop, 94th Cav. Recon Sqdron. 14th Armd Div. in combat Alsace to Munich, Nov 44 to May 45. No heroics, just regular guys and how they lived, and what they did in a Cav. Recon Troop plus the attached units from time to time. 50+ pictures and maps. People seem to like it, and it should answer all kinds of questions. If not I'm available too...! VH Brown

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bastables:

Try here

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/8418/

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey,

Thanks Bastables! I actually found this site ages ago and forgot to bookmark it, and hadn't been able to find it since! You're my hero! wink.gif

Article is almost done.

Chris

------------------