Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Newbie Question

I just downloaded the Demo and the program keeps bleeping out on me,shutting down the game and returning to windows. Although it does save the scenario, it is a pain. Someone please tell me why this is happening and how I can fix it. Thanx in advance!!

Well, without knowing any of your system specs it is hard to give you any help. So if you post what system you have, including Video Card, sound card, and as much info as possible, someone will be able to help you wink.gif

------------------

krm - King of useless posts;)

Not necesarally related to BeBop's problem I have now experienced several problems with beta.

I have been running CM minimizing it, checking mail, maximizing CM, playing and again minimizing for long hours. I've probably had CM running continously in background upwards of 12 hours straight at times.

Problem 1

Occasionally when CM is maximized the screen is black. The program is running, all sounds are normal and mouse pointer is visible.

At this time I am able to guess where the exit button is and it works as it should even though I cant see the button.

problem 2

Upon maximizing the intro music was skipping irregularly followed soon thereafter with a game lockup. Windows was unaffected and I was able to ctrl+alt+delete and end task to shut down CM.

Immediatly I rebooted my PC and launched CM. The music was skipping again and quickly I choose join multiplayer then load email. When the box popped up (box thingy where you get to browse your files) the screen went mostly black with streaks of color dragged through it but I could still see a portion of the pop up and was able to select a file whereupon game launched normally. After launching I experienced no more problems.

I used to get the problems often with the beta demo but only occasionally now.

The only time I've experienced these problems is after hours of continually maximizing and minimizing while loading incoming files from 5 different battles.

I'm running a K6 3 with a voodoo banshee 16 and 128 sdram. For the most part CM runs great.