Message for members of my Campaign (please make all post about the campaign....

Guest Rob/1

Hi guys, I'm back.

Here's the problem. I had 3 weeks vacation that ended this past Monday. That's why I was pushing so hard to get this campaign going while I had free time.

I'm a 4th year medical student and doing my "sub-internship" - I just returned from 36 hours at the local VA Hospital with a 2 hr nap somewhere around 3:30-5:30am. That's why I didn't respond - I haven't been home in several days, so I didn't see your invite.

Good times for an ICQ chat in the next few days: Friday after 6pm or Sunday in the afternoon when I get back from another on-call shift. Sorry blokes, but I didn't think it would take us this long to get the campaign going and now I'm going to be a little harder to coordinate with. Still highly motivated, though!.

CJ

Axis BHQ

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by istari:

Hi guys, I'm back.

Here's the problem. I had 3 weeks vacation that ended this past Monday. That's why I was pushing so hard to get this campaign going while I had free time.

I'm a 4th year medical student and doing my "sub-internship" - I just returned from 36 hours at the local VA Hospital with a 2 hr nap somewhere around 3:30-5:30am. That's why I didn't respond - I haven't been home in several days, so I didn't see your invite.

Good times for an ICQ chat in the next few days: Friday after 6pm or Sunday in the afternoon when I get back from another on-call shift. Sorry blokes, but I didn't think it would take us this long to get the campaign going and now I'm going to be a little harder to coordinate with. Still highly motivated, though!.

CJ

Axis BHQ

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for leating me know Chris.

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

BHQS bord

istari and I had a chat tonight and came up with a few ideas. I will be making the battle into an AAR after the battle is over that is.As some of you may have seen I opened submitions to the second round of the campaign(Normandy-to Battle of the Bulge).I will be updating my web page some time later today.Ok thats it. :0

------------------

Rob

BHQS bord

Allied BHQ report! I need to know how much longer this will take the Axis guys may lonch an attacke on me if you dont speed up!!!!!!!!

------------------

Rob

BHQS bord

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Allied BHQ report! I need to know how much longer this will take the Axis guys may lonch an attacke on me if you dont speed up!!!!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perter how are thing going are you guys almost done?

------------------

Rob

BHQS bord

bah!

Well Randy Waltenburg was supposed to do stuff, but went away, then he came back and said he didn't know what to do, so I told the commander of the infantry to pass on the file, (Randy is a plat. com. ) and told randy to do stuff and no news since tehn! I've also been really busy so haven't chased them.

It's getting rather annoying, I'll mail everyone AGAIN tonight.

PeterNZ

Major Jacobs

Thanks Peter the Axis guy mite send the SS after me if you dont speed up!

------------------

Rob

BHQS bord

Attention allied players if you are not done seting up your turn by Friday afternoon I will have to turn the file over to the Axis as it has taking three weeks for you to get going! This will not be alowed any more. THere is now a Two week limeat on turns.That is all.

------------------

Rob

BHQS bord

Rob I think in this type of multi player games needs a safety net and should be used all the time.

The safety net is every player that sets up and/or gives orders to his men saves the game and sends the file to the next player and also to the BHQ of your side.

Like this:

Player A sets up saves game then emails Player B and BHQ the saved file.

Player B is away on a job and no word for 3 days. The BHQ then sends the saved file of Players A to Player C while emailing Player B what is done. If Player C gets a file from Player B before he emails his move to Player D and BHQ he is to use Players B file and redo his orders. Something like that.

This would move the game along for if any of the players were temp out of commission (like modem down for one thing). The BHQ can pass on the move to the next player to get the move done then at the end when all players have given orders you can try one more time to get their order in if not then the next higher ranking officer can give orders and get that move done. The BHQ then can then purge the extra copies of that move.

What do you think?

------------------

Boris Balaban

WORK bbalaban@rim.net

HOME b.balaban@home.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Righto!

Since Randy hasn't done bugger all and we can't raise him I'm going to have to ask the company com. to place the infantry and then pass it straight to armor, to me and to you Rob

PeterNZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peter since I am on the Allied side go ahead a do this to get the setup done but for the first move order phase we could possibly try it? If Randy is not responding you could give orders to his units untill he joins us.

------------------

Boris Balaban

WORK bbalaban@rim.net

HOME b.balaban@home.com

Good idea

I'm at work now so I Can't mail the right people.. hmm

OK, need to get capt simpson to place Randy's and then pass it on. We should be able to get it all done by Sat since the rest of you are responsive.

If you're reading this now Capt, place Randy's platoon and get this file moving! YOU HEARD ME SON! wink.gif

Sweet.

Major Jacobs

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boris Balaban:

Rob I think in this type of multi player games needs a safety net and should be used all the time.

The safety net is every player that sets up and/or gives orders to his men saves the game and sends the file to the next player and also to the BHQ of your side.

Like this:

Player A sets up saves game then emails Player B and BHQ the saved file.

Player B is away on a job and no word for 3 days. The BHQ then sends the saved file of Players A to Player C while emailing Player B what is done. If Player C gets a file from Player B before he emails his move to Player D and BHQ he is to use Players B file and redo his orders. Something like that.

This would move the game along for if any of the players were temp out of commission (like modem down for one thing). The BHQ can pass on the move to the next player to get the move done then at the end when all players have given orders you can try one more time to get their order in if not then the next higher ranking officer can give orders and get that move done. The BHQ then can then purge the extra copies of that move.

What do you think?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am adding a 2 week team litmet to the Campaign rules now.

------------------

Rob

BHQS bord

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Allied players your set up is due in the next 3 hours.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK the allied players are done!!!!!!! After three long weeks!! I know you axis guys are geting angary but I will past the file on to istari tomorrow!!!!

------------------

Rob

BHQS bord

Testing posting picts.

Burning_20Firefly.jpg

nope dont work frown.gif

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC wink.gif

Rob

BHQS bord

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 11-26-2000).]

Axis BHQ here.

I'm writing you at ~1AM from the VA Hospital again, pulling another 36 hr call. I have Web access but not email access from here, so I can't download the map or pass it onto the Axis side. Will return home ~6pm PST tomorrow (Monday)... oops, today! So the Axis players should have the turn and map in their hands by tonight.

Just 2 more weeks of this sub-internship and I'll be back to a more normal workweek!

CJ