Books at Tiger Hobbies/Fedorowicz Pub. Inc

This web-sight ( www.jjfpub.mb.ca/products.htm ) has some great books. They are also VERY expensive and don't appear intended for the casual war/history reader. I am interested in a number of these books but am hesitant about spending that much. I was hoping that anyone who has read any of these might give some info on content and if they are worth the price (and why). Thanks for any replies.

------------------

I'm sorry, we haven't the

facilities to take all of you prisoner. Was there anything else?

[This message has been edited by Red Devils (edited 09-23-2000).]

They have some great books with two big drawbacks that keep me from buying them,except the "have to haves".

Their prices are sky-high and most of their books have no index. A book without an index is like a bathroom with no toilet-paper.

Too bad.

Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest machineman

I'm blessed with a bookstore nearby that has in many of the Federowitz books and I find the majority of them not only expensive but tough reading, in my opinion not written very well. Sort of like nicely bound research papers. Of course, like research papers, some of the information involved you can't get any other way, but I'd still recc to look over some in person if at all possible before you spend the big bucks. So far I've stuck to the George Forty/Michael Green/Ian Hogg variety.

Yes, their books are fabulous but very pricey! I used to work at a game company, and arranged to trade some of our games for their books. Those times are over I'm afraid, but I did get some good ones, including Agte's accurate work on the Tigers of the Leibstandarte. Panzer Aces 1 and 2 are excellent, as well as Infantry Aces.

ianc