Unit Information

Howdy folks,

First the good news, I received the full version and my computer is still working. I am getting screen freezes but I'm hoping that updating my sound card drivers will fix that.

Now on to my question ( I know, it's about time!)

Is there any way to view the information that's provided about a unit when you hit the enter key outside of a game? I'm a semi-grognard (I'd have thought I was a full grognard until reading this forum) and I don't know everything about every unit in the game. I think it'd be nice to see the full unit information when purchasing units for a scenario.

Ummm or is there a way to do this but I don't know how?

Cardinal Fang

No One Expects The Spanish Inquisition!

In the editor and the DYO unit purchase thing, you see the stats of the unit (at least the major ones) at the bottom of the screen simply by passing the mouse cursor over the unit on the selection list, both before and after you buy it.

This works at different levels. For example, on the list of stuff to buy in the left column, you might see "SS Panzergrenadier Batallion (armored)". Put the cursor over this and you see something like "3 rifle companies and 1 weapons company". If you click on the BN to buy it, it appears in the right column, but as all its individual units. Put the cursor over any unit and you get the major unit stats. For squads, you see how many of what type of weapon, etc. For vehicles, you see things like speed, transport capacity, main gun size, etc.

It doesn't show you the full in-game stats, but hits the high points

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

Howdy,

Thanks for the reply Bullethead. I was aware of the information provided in the editor or DYO but I was hoping that there was a way to see the full in game stats. One of the things I like about the SP series was the encyclopedia. Maybe for CM > 1 there can be something similar where you can not only get the full game stats but also see the unit as it appears in the game. Kind of like what they do with some flight sims.

Cardinal Fang

No One Expects The Spanish Inquisition