These dam scenarios!

I'm thinking about setting up scenarios dealing with various portions of the battles fort the Roer dams. My search didn't turn up anything. So has anyone already started down this road?

On a related note, does anyone familiar with the editor have any suggestions about the best way to model the dams? I'm guessing that bridges may work as the best substitute.

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion

www.siteonsound.com

Since no one has answered you Ron, I will. Yes it could be done. I would imagine increasing the terrain level dramatically and running a road across the top of a ridge, putting water behind it would do very nicely.

I know of no one working on that theme. It is a good one. I hope you do it.

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net

billw@thegamers.net

http://wbr.thegamers.net

Guest Madmatt

Hmmmm, you know I bet the pavement texture would make a nice concrete like surface and if the elevation increment is set to 5 meters per level you could make a pretty darn high dam... Tell you what, when I get home I will play around with this and if it looks good then you will have your Monday's POTD!!! biggrin.gif

And if it looks like Poo then I will curse your name pubically and ridicule your silly idea! tongue.gif

Not sure if I can make it a straight drop off and have the pavement 'stick' or not, have to see how the editor likes that...Hmmm...very interesting...

Madmatt

*** Former creator of the famous 'Indy Track' POTD

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Thanks for the responses. I guess it's good news that nobody's started on them yet, but bad news that I have to start REALLY doing some research. smile.gif Anyone have any suggestions for sources? I have MacDonald's official history of the final year of the war, which covers it a bit. I'll have to find some more.

I'm anxious to see how Madmatt's experiment turns out.

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion

www.siteonsound.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

I will curse your name pubically

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd pay to watch that. When I was in the service and overseas there was these dancing girls that would take cigars and blow smoke rings out of their [CENSORED]

Lewis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Username:

I'd pay to watch that. When I was in the service and overseas there was these dancing girls that would take cigars and blow smoke rings out of their [CENSORED]

Lewis

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard one of them became an intern at the White house smile.gif