Hey BTS, I got to thinkin' and wondered why you chose the name Combat Mission.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I mean it sounds almost too generic as to what this masterpiece really is all about.

Just wondering... smile.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest Paul Roberts

Well, I'm not BTS, but my guess is this...

The full name is COMBAT MISSION: BEYOND OVERLORD, indicating the post-6/44 Western Front focus of this game. I'd expect future games to be named something like COMBAT MISSION: BARBAROSSA or COMBAT MISSION: NORTH AFRICA.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Well, I know that dude. rolleyes.gif My question is why did BTS decide to call this game system, Combat Mission, as opposed to something else.

Guest Mirage2k

I like it...it's almost an understatement of the greatness of the game. What do you want, anyway? "Super European Combat Siege"?????

Hmm...almost sounds like a Japanese cartoon.

-Andrew

Survivor: AP US History Exam

[This message has been edited by Mirage2k (edited 05-15-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Black Sabot:

Because 'Peace mission' didn't sound quite right.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! biggrin.gif

Guest Paul Roberts

Ol' B&G,

Sorry, sir; I didn't mean to restate the obvious. I was trying to focus on the two-part title as half-generic and half-specific, with the idea that the subtitles ("Beyond Overlord" and whatever's next) will come to define the individual games.

Now that I think about it, "Squad Leader" is a pretty generic name in itself. smile.gif

Paul Roberts

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Roberts:

Ol' B&G,

Sorry, sir; I didn't mean to restate the obvious. I was trying to focus on the two-part title as half-generic and half-specific, with the idea that the subtitles ("Beyond Overlord" and whatever's next) will come to define the individual games.

Paul Roberts<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, OK, I see your point. That makes sense, just kinda like the Close Combat series with Close Combat, Close Combat: A Bridge to Far, Close Combat: Eastern Front, and Close Combat: Battle of the Bulge.