Video Card advice needed....

My system is 650 AMD K7, 128 megs RAM, 16 meg Diamond Stealth video card. I can't see the FOG in CM like I see in some posted game pics. I assume it's my video card and I am looking at upgrading. Can anyone give me names of brands that are not as compatable with CM. ( Isn't this great. I'm structuring my whole system to play CM) Any advice on this would be apreciated. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Scurlock:

( Isn't this great. I'm structuring my whole system to play CM) Any advice on this would be apreciated. Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After loading the Riva TNT reference drivers for my STB Velocity 4400 (in order to get the fog), the sound crapped out on a my stepson's "Beetle Buggin'" (kinda fun game, actually) game. Guess what didn't get changed back.... tongue.gif

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

I think i comes down to how much of the cash that you are prepared to part with on a new card. TNT2/Voodoo3 would be the lowest i would go for sure. But if cash isn't a problem there is the GeForce / Voodoo5

I had real problems with an ATI Card. I have two computers running the game now. (Where's that TCP/IP Patch?). One is a Voodoo 3 2000 which is fine except for the "blocky smoke" bug. I have not updated the drivers on that one yet. I have had my best success with a little no-name card based on the Nvidia chip set. The company name is Apollo and their card is the Vanta TNT-2. Works great with their latest drivers. Game does not even load without the latest drivers, locks up, but no big deal since the latest drivers work. This is a 32 meg card that I bought for $99.00 at a local retail store. Probably get it even cheaper on the web. Try Pricewatch.com. This is a great little card for cheap! Otherwize I am running a K2-550, on a Gigabyte board with 160 Meg RAM. Game runs perfectly. I'd opt for a TNT chip set anyway.

Guest herbjorn

Greg I recommend you wait till august/september and purchase an nvidia geforce2mx 32mb card for around 120$

Performance lies between the gf256 ddr and gf256 sdr editions. Roughly 80-90% of the performance of the geforce2, though, at under half the price.