my new tiger tank camo

Tigercamo1.jpg

This is my new one, updated 8-6-2000

More decking detail, darker tone factory coating, less paint "spray" effect. There is nothing you can do about seeing the hull crewmember at groundlevel 1. The original model is like this too.

-Tiger

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-06-2000).]

Guest TURBO

Glad to here you got the game. I think you should use the same brown you used on the panther and also do the bogies,IMO. Other than that looks good.

Guest TURBO

BasilD

Sure did, although all camo patterns were not sprayed on. I have even read where they used mops brooms or whatever was on hand to apply camo patterns.

I think you need to bring out the surface details a little more. Show the vent openings and the engine deck details. Outline the hatches and tool racks etc. I wish that I could do this kind of thing, but the only paint program I have is the one that comes with Windows.

I studied painting and drawing in college and have built many a model tank. Keep up the good work.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

I actually like it a lot.

It doesn't have the engine decking detail etc of the shipped model but the colour tones are nice ( and yes, they did have spraypaint back then AND they also often used mops, rags etc to apply paint... Hell, they even sometimes used water-based paints so that when it rained the colours ran..)

Anyways, problem. Go down to view 1 and look at the side of the tank... You didn't paint as far down as you should have as near as I can see... I can see a crewman in the middle of the tank I shouldn't be able to see.

That needs to be fixed.

And, for the record, this looks much more like a modern Leopard 2 and M1 camo pattern than a WW2 German tank camo pattern but I like it as is.. I've always thought that some of the Leo 2 patterns were the most beautiful camo patterns ever painted.

I've redone the camo job entirely from scratch and left in alot more detail showing.

Paint doesn't look as "sprayed on". The picture, above, is the new one. As far as the crew showing inside the interior at ground level, this is also present in the model that came with the game, and is a model defect, nothing to do with the paint job. The new one has been uploaded for public consumption.

Oh, and Jochen Peiper, you have the manners of a goat.

-Tiger

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-06-2000).]