New TacOps

Bob I

I think it is sad that no one will write in and emphasize the uniqe qality of this game. Where else can you learn actually combat tactics of the American, Australian New Zealand and Canadian armies? I am so happy with my version 3.2 that the only thing that could make it better would be a copy of the Military Ref. Library Vol. 1. Those things really do help the non-military person to pursue a better game in solitaire mode. Rock On!

Rich smile.gif

[ March 12, 2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: rich4421972 ]

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by MajorH:

[QB]TacOps v3.1.2 Unit Lethality Values

(Tab delineated)

Name Country Value

M113 FSV 25mm A AU 44

M113 FSV 25mm B AU 45

M113 FSV 76mm AU 48

Major H

Just a quick one for the quality assurance phase of Ver 4.

We in the Royal Australian Armoured Corps (RAAC) don't field a FSV (Fire Support Vehicle) armed with a 25mm. The M113 variant we used (now retired) was re-designated from FSV to MRV (Medium Reconnaissance Vehicle) and was armed with a 76mm. Initially this was a Saladin turret but was subsequently replaced with the Scorpion turret. (editied in case another Black Hat picks me up on this).

The new LAV variants are armed with 25mm but we haven't put a LAV turret on a M113 hull (though some of us who prefer tracks to wheeled would like it to happen). (}-;

Also I haven't seen Ver 3.1.2 or 3.2 (as quoted elsewhere) yet. As far as I know 3.1.1 is the current Mac variant?

Regards,

Mark

[ March 30, 2002, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

>We in the Royal Australian Armoured Corps

>(RAAC) don't field a FSV (Fire Support

>Vehicle) armed with a 25mm.

Interesting. If I remember correctly I put the 25mm armed M113s in at the request of someone in either the Australian or New Zealand army. Perhaps this was something that was once "planned' but never purchased?

Tamiya plastic model firm made a model of this 25mm vehicle in 1/35 scale

MT almanac mentioned the version of the M 113 with 76 mm gun as stil in service as the M806A1

but indeed no word about the M113 with 25 mm gun

they do have a M 548 apc though ,dont know what that is.

Originally posted by MajorH:

Interesting. If I remember correctly I put the 25mm armed M113s in at the request of someone in either the Australian or New Zealand army. Perhaps this was something that was once "planned' but never purchased?

Perhaps leave it in to simulate the Dutch vehicle?

Who knows maybe someone in Canberra used your simulation as the basis for deciding to buy LAV rather than fit the LAV turret to the M113 hull?

That would be a feather in your cap!!

Originally posted by Stoffel:

[QB They do have a M 548 apc though ,dont know what that is.[/QB]

The M548 is a Tracked Load Carrier - basically a tracked truck (unarmoured, glass windscreen etc).

While you COULD use it as an APC I'd hate to take it onto a position (VC and bar all round).

[ March 30, 2002, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

off course I could have known that it was a loadcarrier,I used this vehicle a lot in tacops games redface.gif

I guess the term they used, APC mislead me :eek:

I checked the picture of the Tamiya model,it has a big square shaped turret,it looks like the one Turkey bought on its FMC/NUROL made apc,only bigger