Beer & Pretzels : The East Front.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I was loitering around the local videogame hut, Frye's Electronics today, and in between my sarcstic comments to prospective customers, (along the lines of "Oh Deer Hunter...nice choice..")

I noticed a box labeled "Panzer Geneneral 3, Scorched Earth." Apparently an incarnation of the 1st PG3D in Russia.

I loved PG2, played it until I was terribly bored. Has anyone seen this, bought this, or feigned interest?

What are your thoughts?

I think you should get your lazy ass back to your dinky computer and send me the next turn I need to beat you. Why spend more money when you can't use what you have very well?

Lawyer

------------------

There's a lot more than Santy Claus sneaking around in the dark

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

I was loitering around the local videogame hut, Frye's Electronics today, and in between my sarcstic comments to prospective customers, (along the lines of "Oh Deer Hunter...nice choice..")

I noticed a box labeled "Panzer Geneneral 3, Scorched Earth." Apparently an incarnation of the 1st PG3D in Russia.

I loved PG2, played it until I was terribly bored. Has anyone seen this, bought this, or feigned interest?

What are your thoughts?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohh....Fry's...an evil money pit if ever there was one (Incredible Universe was better IMHO).

Apparently PG3,Scorched Earth is not much better it just adds the Russian Front to PG3.

------------------

Navare

"I am determined to prove a villian..."

Guest *Captain Foobar*

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I think you should get your lazy ass back to your dinky computer and send me the next turn I need to beat you. Why spend more money when you can't use what you have very well?

Lawyer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For your information Lawyer, my system is far from dinky. See, in this modern age, the proletariat has access to the same kind of machinery as you fatcat oppressors. I have all kinds of neeto features in my arsenal, including one of those cool laser guided mice.

Oh, and you are no-one to talk about mastery of CM. Your tactics so far have consisted of a sad, mundane slow march into my guns. I feel true compassion for your little electronic men, being ordered around by someone as laughably inept as you.

At least you could have issued blindfolds...

I bought the game as it was only $25, and its not bad, although its no CM. The variety of new commands and support options make it a step above PG II which was a nice game in its time. I like the force pool concept vs the core units method employed before. Basically you can tailor your force to the mission at hand: it you are trying to take Kiev for example you'll want extra artillery and shock units...

I will probably buy the game. I loved pg2, it was just really fun...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you need PG3 to run Scorched Earth.

------------------

Navare

"I am determined to prove a villian..."

Your tactics so far have consisted of a sad, mundane slow march into my guns. I feel true compassion for your little electronic men, being ordered around by someone as laughably inept as you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY! Leave me out of this!

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 10-24-2000).]