Upper Hull Penetration

SPOILER****

****SPOILER****

Anybody notice how easily the shermans cut through the stuggs in chance encounter? I try hull down on reverse slopes, hunt. The stugg armor is really bad if hit. Am I too close? (300-500m). Would the stugg have a greater advantage at range?

Those shermans can rotate thier turrets fast when they spot the stuggs. I shudder to face hellcats, or worse yet, the load of vehicles in the final CD.

Is my best hope simply getting the first shot off and hoping?

[This message has been edited by iggi (edited 05-13-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

In general, 500m is a range where pretty much any tank has a better than decent chance of whacking another if it scores a hit. The exceptions, of course, are the big heavy German tanks and perhaps even the Churchill and Jumbo. Even 500m you had better hit those guys in the flank.

The German tanks held a huge advantage at ranges in excess of 2000m, and depending on the matchup a really good one at 1000m. Ranges at 4000m are also a sweet sight to a German commander's eyes smile.gif

Best thing to do is look at the unit details screen (Enter key when unit is selected). This gives you a very good idea what is what.

Steve

<Best thing to do is look at the unit details screen (Enter key when unit is selected). This gives you a very good idea what is what>

Wasn't there supposed to be a way to see two detail screens at the same time so we can compare? And thank you for giving us the best wargame out there.