falling shot

a double barred question:

i've read the CM web page about armor angles and the direction a shell strikes is figured in. i did a search on 'falling shot' and came up empty. As everyone knows (stated here for clarity of question) an AFV hull/turret TOP armor is not nearly as thick as elsewhere. so does CM have calculated the elevation difference of the hilltop position attacker firing 'down' on the jagdtiger for example?

secondly - a while back i mentioned rank being associated with the number of messages posted. and the main disagreement was teh measure of quality and not just a quantity filling up the site.

well i would submit that not a panel to judge is needed, but simply the amount of replies a message would get, would testify to at least the level of interest or opinion.

now i promise to let it die

I can tell you from the multiple times I have played the LD scenario as the Germans that the M18s have a hell of a lot easier time killing the Tiger from their vantage point on the hill if he is in the valley than if he is on the opposite hill or both are in the valley

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I can tell you from the multiple times I have played the LD scenario as the Germans that the M18s have a hell of a lot easier time killing the Tiger from their vantage point on the hill if he is in the valley than if he is on the opposite hill or both are in the valley<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that has more to do with range than angle. The 76 (like most US AT guns) sucks.