Fog of War issue

I was playing this game with TeAcH and now that I think about it FOW must have been turned off. Does anyone know how this happened? We NEVER play with it off and in thinking back I could see his guys hiding in the buildings in the beginning. This was my first game with Elite troops so I thought it was some kind of special talent.

I was also surprised when after my first turn where I had them all sneaking out of the woods into scattered trees he mentioned that he did not know this scenario gave me all elite troops. I could not figure out how he spotted all of my troops when they were on sneak. Guess no FOW explains it.

For others who have had it shut off how do you make sure it is on before the first turn? If I am understanding correctly you set it and then it somehow gets shut off when the game starts. I don't want to figure it out after either side sees everyone in the first turn.

Are we naming bugs? I vote we name this the Maneri (sp?) bug as rumor has it that he doesn't play with FOW.

And Id just like to make sure that my first request isnt lost in the other issue of the FOW activating somehow.

I would still like to see the quality of the troops kept from the other player.

Thanks

TeAcH