Can tanks or vehicles be pushed of a bridge.

Guest Rommel22

Guest Rommel22

Don't remmeber the name of the scnerio, but the main objective for the Germans was to defend the bridge and not let the allies cross it. I had 3 trucks, so I sent them on the bridge where they all got abandoned or knocked out on the bridge. They perfectly blocked the way. But a British cromwell I think rolled onto to th bridge and pushed the trucks aside just a tiny bit.

I was wondering if it is possible to push vehicles of a bridge, is this modeled in the game???

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

What interests me is, can vehicles be pushed up to a bridge

from down below.

Meaning, if a vehicle is down, right next to a bridge and is

pushed under it. Will it instead hop up? smile.gif

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

I would like to be able to use tanks to ram lesser vehicles.

In one of my first plays of the game, I tried to run over a small field gun with a Tiger. To my disappointment, the gun was merely pushed out of the way. I couldn't even get it to change status to "Knocked Out."

And who wouldn't giggle embarassingly with the ability to bulldoze through a barn?

Of course, this also raises the ugly topic of whether running over enemy troops could be modeled into the game ... Yuck ...

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

Whaile playing The Magnificent 7 I had the same thing happen. Once I realized that knocked out tanks didn't block the bridge (watched a Stuart push a Sherman aside!) I tried targeting it with direct and indirect fire but never got it. Can a bridge be knocked out this way and what size rounds are needed for wooden and stone bridges? Goofy

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>What interests me is, can vehicles be pushed up to a bridge from down below?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. It's a bug with the tall bridges that go over lower roads. You can play all sorts of games with a wrecked vehicle on such bridges. Say it gets killed on a bridge. The next vehicle using the bridge pushes it over the side. Then a vehicle on the lower road pushes it back up onto the bridge. Repeat. You can see this happen a lot in my Figure-8 scenario, which I may upload someday.

------------------

-Bullethead

Want a naval sim? Check out Raider Operations at www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html