My Video Card

I will be buying a new computer in the next couple of weeks and I want to make sure the Video Card I get is going to run CM well. I am looking at a system which gives me the option of 2 different cards. 1] 16MB ATI Rage 128 Pro and 2] 32MB NVIDIA TNT2 M64 AGP.

Can anyone tell me if these two cards will run CM and if one would be better than the other. Thanks in advance

Both cards should work. Though the ATI Rage 128 Pro's I've seen had 32Mb of memory. Some people have claimed to have problems with the drivers, but the Beta & Gold demos both played fine on my computers with the latest drivers (transparencies and all).

Between the two I would probably recommend the NVidia TNT2 M64, though the M64 is either a slightly slower version of the chip or is matched to slower memory (uh... that's a guess). The NVidias have good graphic quality and typically good speed. Video cards are always changing however; so you may be jealous of the latest generation of cards that seem to come out every 6 months.

Although video cards don't die too often you may want to make sure of the warranty you get with your card. NVidia-based boards are assembled by many OEM manufacturers, some are better than others.

Guest MantaRay

The Diamond Viper runs very well on my P-3 600 and on the old AMD K6-2 450. Not only does CM work well, but so does everyother game that I own, and the real graphic hogs run excellent considering I have a mid-range computer still.

If I was you and wanted to spend $300 on a new video card( I do, but the wife vetoed it frown.gif) I would get a GeForce or GeForce2, but only if you had an 800Mhz+ system, as the CPU wont be able to really match what they are capable of. At the same time, if you have an awesome rig(1 GHz), I wouldnt get a TNT2 as it may get cooked by the power.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Guest Madmatt

All the POTDS and pictures posted on CMHQ and CMHQ-Annex are taken with a Diamond TNT2 Ultra video card. I can't give a higher recomendation than that....

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing