Switching Between TCP/IP & e-mail games

I'm playing a large operation with an opponent using a combination of TCP-IP and e-mail and he's just reported that the game advanced a turn without giving him the option to make any moves. Has anyone else noticed this. It's probably not a bug per-se but just a procedural thing that we're supposed to respect when playing this way that we don't know about.

The sequence of events went something like this:

1. I loaded a PBEM game that I received from him (a non-movie file in which he had made his moves but I did not).

2. I saved the game.

3. Later that evening I loaded that game and set ip up as a TCP/IP match.

4. He connected with me and we played several turns.

5. When our 2 scheduled hours or so had ended. We both watched the movie of the last turn we were able to play that evening and hit GO. I saved the game at that point and we disconnected.

6. The next day I loaded the game back up as an e-mail game, made my moves and sent off the file.

7. My opponent received a movie file instead of getting the opportunity to make his moves.

Should moves be made before deciding to terminate a TCP/IP game and continue as an e-mail?

p.

OK, I think I saw this again.

We saved out of network game at the start of a turn, before giving any orders. My opponent sent me the next email turn and it started with a movie. I did not get to issue orders for that turn.

In this case my opponent saved the game - perhaps only the one that saves gets to do orders in the first PBEM turn?