How about debriefings after a scenerio ends.

Guest Rommel22

Guest Rommel22

I wish there were debriefings included. It would be simple. you would write them as you do briefings. But you would hve to write 2 for both sides. And each have a trigger 1 stands for victory and 2 would stand for defeat. When you win for example, text 1 for debriefing would pop up and say what happened. Tell you if you are going to be executed or promoted. I think that would be a great addition to CM. What do you think???

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

Actualy that would make a usefull introductory tool for each battle in an Operation as well. The debriefing from one senerio could be used as a briefing for the next. The objectives for the attacker and defender could change depending on the previous outcome. That would give more relevance to the use of dynamic flags within a specific battle in an Operation for instance. Nice idea Rommel22 smile.gif

I'm with you Rommel22. I have suggested this sort of idea before but never seems to create a huge response. Perhaps I needed to be a full blown Member for other board browsers to take me seriously? tongue.gif

Regards

Jim R.

------------------

Whoa mule, WHOA!.....when ah sez Whoa ahz mean WHOA!!! ....Whang....

Ya flea bitten varmit...

Ah hate dat Wabbit! (or Gerbil or Hampster or Rattus Rattus...insert preference)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

I'm with you Rommel22. I have suggested this sort of idea before but never seems to create a huge response. Perhaps I needed to be a full blown Member for other board browsers to take me seriously? tongue.gif

Regards

Jim R.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Took a peek at your profile. You are now a Member (30 posts)! Guess we need to take you seriously now. tongue.gif

I'm lukewarm to the idea. Neat, cool, but it might be really difficult to accomodate different ending circumstances, especially in Operations. A historical outcome (no matter what happened in the game) like what one sees in SL/ASL scenarios might be nice.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

Guest Rommel22

It would need more thought and the debriefings would need alot more outcomes. There would always be a way to by pass this but I think for operations it would really give the player much more of a battle feeling. Like he is really taking orders from his superior. But the triggering of these would be simple.

1 victory

2 loss.

3draw.

but than you ca have ore.

4 minor victory

5 victory

6 major victory

7 total victory.

A lot more writing fot the author but it add more realism to the game. I am glad nore of you agree. I hope BTS takes a note of this. Are you there BTS, hello??!! Read this!!!

------------------

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

Debriefings are one of the three things missing from Combat Mission. The others are full battle replay and LAN play. Debreifings, though, should be easy to add.

Also, it would be nice if the historical outcome would always be included in the scenario briefing.

Guest Rommel22

Yes, smae here. I just hope Steve or Charles are reading this. Are you guys!!!

Anyway, this would be a great adition.

------------------