Not going to play yet

Just a long-winded anecdote. I ordered CM last week, received it on Tuesday and loaded it up last night just to see if it'll work properly on my PC (it does with the exception of some cursor problems at the beginning). However, unlike EVERY SINGLE PERSON in this forum, I won't play the game until late this summer at the earliest.

The reason is not so much that I have other games in the queue but I just don't know enough about WW2 to play. I have always taken a very methodical approach to playing games (reading the manual, go into the forums, and researching any background information). This is especially true in playing historically-based wargames where I want to understand the strategies and tactics of the battles before I play.

I have spent 20 years studying the American Civil War (and the Rev. War to some extent) but very little time on WW2. So, before I play CM, I got to read up on WW2, focusing on the battles that are beyond Overlord. You might be saying (if you bothered to read this far), just play the d*** game to learn. That's hard for me to do since I don't even know the different types of tanks that are used in WW2, let alone the types and ratings of all of the many specialized units and weapons. Gotta learn about them before I can play EFFECTIVELY.

Just some thoughts before a 4-day weekend.

Steve

My God!

That's like dating a Swedish Blonde and telling her "No sex until i get to know you better"

Dude! What are you waiting for? Get in there and work it!!!

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

If you play CM maybe you'll get a different perspective on how combined arms works in an "on-the-job" manner, much like the Americans had to at this point in the war.

If anything, play the Quick Battles and save the scenarios for later after you've done your reading. You may not be able to employ the minutae of detail you may read of in CM, but you should be able to apply many real-world tactics and expect realistic outcomes.

" My God! That's like dating a Swedish Blonde and telling her "No sex until i get to know you better"

Dude! What are you waiting for? Get in there and work it!!!"

Kingfish that was brillian, brillian I say !!!

Steve you think those yanks in Shermans knew what they were facing when they came across some Tigers ? Nobody told them either until the ronsons started burning too quickly nobody knew. So consider yourself lucky that you don't have to go through the same experience. Just put on your helmet grab that BAR and some ammo, and GET ON WITH IT SOLDIER !!!

Peter

PS: smile.gif