Artillery in Last Defense

Is fire control in the final release going to be as pitiful as it seems to be in Last Defense? Neither the US mortars nor the German FOs, both firing or directing fire at things they can see, seem to be able to hit anything. There are plenty of craters scattered around, but German and US targets come through all the shelling untouched. The impact points seem to appear at random.

------------------

Airborne Combat Engineer Troop Leader (1966-1968)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MOS was 71331:

Is fire control in the final release going to be as pitiful as it seems to be in Last Defense? Neither the US mortars nor the German FOs, both firing or directing fire at things they can see, seem to be able to hit anything. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh... I wish I could fight against your FO's . I'm in a PBEM where after a spectacular appearance by the M-18's the two STUGS (and even getting 2 wonderful brewups) and knocking the King Tiger out while breaking only 2 shells apart, I let one of them stand where it was for the sake of visibility... And 2 minutes later a german shell dropped right into the turret. Scratch M-18... On fire, crew lost.

In short, the FO's with a los seem to do fine to me... rolleyes.gif

Clay-

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 01-05-2000).]

Guest teutonic

Just played LD last night as americans. The 60mm mortars after two rounds of fire took out 3 halftracks and bounced two shots off of the tiger.

Teutonic

Guest Big Time Software

Major revisions to the artillery code. Some recent threads detailed the changes. Check out the Search and key off of "artillery".

Steve

Just had to respond to this thread. smile.gif

In one game of LD, I lost 2 half-tracks to enemy mortars. And after losing all my tanks and remaining HTs to those damn M-18's, I killed both remaining tanks with one arty spotter. And the tanks were separated too (one had moved down the hill), I had to re-target after brewing up the first. The second tank brewed too. It can't be luck. It's gotta be skill!!! wink.gif

- Chris